Healthy eating is not only a fad or a fashion; it is the need of the hour. The increased number of illnesses and diseases; low quality of food; use of preservatives and freezing; canned food; and artificial colors all these things and much more constitutes to make an unhealthy diet and lifestyle. It is important to break yourself free from these unhealthy shackles and live a healthy and a happy life.
The key to a good diet is to keep it balanced with all the essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and proteins, etc. present in it in good proportion. Know your body and know your requirements. This will help you to design a diet for yourself that will help you achieve your health goal. Too much of one thing will definitely be harmful. So eat and enjoy everything but in the right proportions.
Eat Healthy Eat Right:
Make this a thumb rule for yourself to eat right & live right. Eat to live and do not live to eat. Follow our basic healthy eating guidelines and enjoy your food. Follow these simple tricks to keep you healthy and fit!
- Water before Meals: Drink two glasses of water at least 20 minutes before you eat your meal. This will increase your metabolic rate and help improve digestion relieving you from acidity and heaviness after meals.
- Intake of Lemon and Honey: Take a glass or a cup of warm water with a dash of lemon and honey early in the morning first thing. This will help you have instant energy and honey being an antioxidant will help you clean your inside. While lemon will help you lose the extra unwanted fat around your belly. Make sure you take this on empty stomach.
- Plenty of Water: Drink plenty of water—minimum 8 glasses. Our body needs a lot of fluid and water is the most effective and important of those fluids. This will keep you energized, fresh and alert. Topping it up with the added benefit of clean n shining skin and hair!
- Lemongrass Green Tea: Drink a homemade lemongrass green tea just fifteen minutes after you take your heaviest meal. It helps in quick digestion and does not let the fat accumulate in your body.
DO NOT! Yes DO NOT eat after 7:30 -8:00 pm, eat a good healthy breakfast that will give you energy to take on your everyday tasks. Have a healthy snack or sandwich in between followed by good wholesome late supper/dinner. But avoid late night snacking at all costs.
Healthy Eating Guidelines for Smartness and Fitness:
Follow these easy guidelines to eat healthy and remain smart and fit. Trust us, eating healthy and being fit is very easy and simple. There is no difficult science or reasoning behind it. There is only one and easy rule to eat healthy and be smart and fit. That rule is very simple and is “clean eating”. Eat clean and cleanse your body. This will help you lead a very healthy, happy and fit life. Clean eating are simple guidelines to health and fitness. Let’s explore!
- Eat Fresh: Start replacing the canned fruits and vegetables with fresh fruits and veggies.
- Avoid Fried Items: Snack healthy. Instead of buying oily, processed, and heavily slated snacks, opt for nuts, almonds, and digestive biscuits.
- Fresh Fruit Juices: Replace the fizzy drinks, artificial flavored and preservative laden drinks with water and fresh fruit juices.
- Prefer Baking: Replace frying with baking. Deep frying or shallow both are equally harmful for health and are a main reason for fat accumulation. Baking, on the other hand, will require no or a very less amount of oil. You can savor your favorite dishes without having to worry about weight. Especially for kids, always bake them fries/wedges instead of frying.
- Salads in Diet: Include fresh salads (fruits and vegetables) and fresh vegetable sandwich in your diet instead of burgers, pizzas, etc.
There’s a plethora of supplements and vitamins available over the counter in form of tablets, syrups and shakes. Don’t be afraid to get them. Given our poor diet habits and the bad quality of food, it is nearly impossible to have all the nutrients at a perfect and a desirable level. If you think that you are unable to fulfill the requirements, it’s completely okay to get a good supplement alongside a good and a healthy diet.
It is very easy to be fit and smart through proper eating, all it requires is will and consistency! Try these simple and basic guidelines and see the difference. All the best!