Chickpeas and Spinach Vada is a nutritious snack with the iron and vitamins of spinach and fiber of chickpeas. The recipe serves four. Enjoy this healthy appetizer at tea time.
Calories in Chickpeas and Spinach Vada …………. 300
Boiled Kabuli Chana (Chickpeas) : 2 cups
Chopped Spinach Leaves: 1 Bunch
Jalapeno: 4 -5
Cumin Powder: 1 Teaspoon
Garlic Cloves: 4 – 5
Red Chili Powder: ½ Teaspoon
Chopped Green Chilies: 2
Gram Flour: 1 Tablespoon
Salt: According to Taste
Cooking oil: As required
- Mix the boiled chickpeas, jalapeno, cumin powder, garlic cloves, salt and red chili powder together and transfer the mixture to a blender. Blend the ingredients into a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl. Add spinach and gram flour.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Divide the prepared chickpea and spinach mixture into eight equal portions and make flat balls/Vadas.
- Fry the balls until they turn crispy and brownish. Serve at tea time.