The Delhi Biryani recipe is popular because of its deep link with the Indian city of Delhi and Mughal Emperor. This dish is the identity of Indian Muslims and Hindus and is very popular from the time of separation and known as the magnificence of Asian restaurants. Dish is made with basmati rice succulent chicken pieces or mutton and the taste of the dish is simply delicious and awesome among all other biryani recipes.
Calories in Biryani …………. 520
Chicken: 500 g
Rice: 2 cups or ½ kg
Yogurt: 250 g
Onion: 250 g
Tomatoes: 2 in numbers
Ginger-Garlic Paste: 2 tbsp
Coriander Leaves: ½ bunch
Mint Leaves: ½ bunch
Turmeric: 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder: 2 tbsp
Spices Mixture Powder: 1 tbsp
Ground Cumin: 1 tsp
Pandanus Fascicularis (Kewra): as required
Yellow Food Color: as per need
Salt: to the taste
Ghee: 1 cup
- First of all you have to Heat the ghee in a pan and fry ginger-garlic paste in it.
- Add chicken in a heated oil and cook for a while to make it soft.
- Add yogurt, turmeric, black cardamom, salt, tomatoes, coriander, mint leaves, red chili powder, spices mixture (garam masala) powder and ground cumin in chicken that you have already put in the oil.
- Cook the chicken along with all ingredients for ten minutes then add fried onions and yellow food color in it to give an awesome look.
- Add cardamom, bay leaves, cloves and salt in the water to be used for boiling rice.
- After putting all the ingredients in water, when it becomes hot, add rice and boil it.
- First, spread quarter boiled rice in the pan for further presentation.
- Then add a layer of chicken and put the rice on it again. Now add Pandanus fascicularis (Kewra) and three tablespoons of hot ghee on the rice that you have spread in a pan. Then leave it to simmer for a while, your delicious dish is ready to serve.
Place a lettuce leaf on one side of the plate and put biryani in it. Put fine slices of lemon on other side of plate and serve it with the pieces of boiled carrots and yogurt sauce (raita).
Important tips for the delicious recipe:
To prevent rice grains from sticking together during cooking, add one spoon of vinegar or lemon juice just before you strain the rice.