Enjoy the flavor of capsicum in an innovatively cooked Chicken Karahi. Serve a family of four to five members by following the given recipe.
Calories in Chicken Capsicum Karahi …………. 514
Chicken: ½ kg
Fresh Tomatoes: 3
Yogurt: 250 grams
Green Capsicums: 2
Red Capsicum: 1
Crushed Coriander Seeds: 1 Tablespoon
Cumin Powder: 1 Teaspoon
Cumin Seeds: 1 Teaspoon
Salt: According to Taste
Red Chili Powder: ½ Teaspoon
Turmeric Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
Garam Masala: ½ Teaspoon
Green Chilies: 4 (Heads)
Ginger Paste: 2 Teaspoons
Garlic Paste: 2 Teaspoons
Coriander Leaves: 1/4th Bunch
Cooking Oil: As Required
- Heat up oil in a cooking pan.
- Add chopped up onion and sauté. When it starts turning brown, add cumin seeds and crushed coriander seeds. Stir and cook for 1 min. Add garlic paste and stir again. After one minute, add the chicken and cook on high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add yogurt, salt, red chilies, cumin powder and turmeric powder. Add coarsely chopped tomatoes as well. Mix these ingredients and turn the flame to medium.
- Make a slit in the green chilies and add them to the pan along with the ginger paste.
- When the gravy has thickened, add one cup water. Bring to a boil and turn down the flame. Close the pan and cook from fifteen to twenty minutes or till the chicken becomes tender. In case, there is excess water, evaporate it by opening the lid and cooking on high flame.
- Chop both the green and red capsicum into medium sized cubes and add them to the Karahi at this point. Sprinkle Garam Masala as well. Close the lid and cook on low flame for five minutes to let the flavor and aroma of capsicum spread in the gravy and chicken.
- Pour in a serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.